Crochet for Charity

Crocheting is awesome, right?

Well, you know what makes it even more awesome (or is it awesome-er?)? If you can know that you're helping someone out while doing something that you love.

There are a ton of great charities that you can crochet and knit things for. Here are a few places to get you started:

Knots of Love. Knots of Love is a charity that asks Knitters and Knotters (crocheters) to knit/crochet hats for toddlers, kids, and adults who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy. Hat knitting not your thing? That's fine! You can also knit/crochet blankets, scarves, and more. Just make sure that the yarn you're using is one of the yarns on this list here.

Feel Better Friends. The FBF doll organization is for crocheters only (sorry knitters!). However, since the doll pattern that volunteers are to use is pretty simple, it's easy to learn how to make these cute little dolls. This organization sends look-alike crocheted dolls to kids who have cancer, autism, or another disease/disability. How can you join as a volunteer? Check out this page for all of the need-to-know details.

 The Guideposts Sweater project. This organization is one that I am not a part of, but I still think that it is amazing! Unlike the FBF doll organization, this one is geared more towards knitters. If you love to make sweaters for people, this is your charity! Don't know how to knit? That's okay, because the website teaches you how to knit as well!

Sometimes I take my health for granted, and volunteering with charities like these helps me to put things into perspective. I'm so glad that God showed me that I can use my love of crocheting and knitting to help others.

I'm posting some pictures below of items that I've made for these charities, so that you can see a few 'finished products'. I promise - they're not hard to make at all! If I can do it, anyone can! :)














Thanks for reading!

- Liz

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Wordpress :-)

Crocheted Birthday Present Ideas