Bible Verse Art

Bible Verse art is something that I really enjoy doing when I'm not crocheting or doing school. It's a great way to illustrate what you're learning in the Bible, or one of your favorite songs. You can do it with other quotes that you like as well, but I like doing it with Bible verses because I feel like it helps me to grow closer to God.

For this piece of Bible Verse Art, a friend of mine suggested that I use a song lyric from "Even If" by MercyMe. Here's the completed piece:



If you can't read what they lyric says on the image, it is this:

"They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have
Right now
But God, when you choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength
To be able to sing
It is well with my soul" -MercyMe




If you want to make a piece that is like the mountain scene that I drew, here's my instructions on how to do it! :-)

Materials needed: White paper, pencil, colored pencils (I’m using the Karat Aquarell
Watercolor Pencils), Sharpie


Instructions:

I started by sketching a mountain scene, since the quote I’m using uses the word “mountains” in it.
There isn’t really any specific way to draw mountains - I just drew several triangles of different shapes
and sizes, and then added snow at the top. Next, outline the mountains with a black Sharpie or thin
black marker. After this, I began to color in the picture using the Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils
(any other type of colored pencil will work too). You can add shading or another colored pencil
technique to add more detail if you would like. The final step is to add the quote/verse/song lyric that
you would like to your background image.

That's all! I hope that this art inspires you to create your own piece!

-Elizabeth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Wordpress :-)

Crochet for Charity

Crocheted Birthday Present Ideas