DIY Semi-Formal Hairstyle

If you're anything like me (which, not many people are :P), figuring out how to do your hair for a dance is difficult. Up? Down? Half up? Braided? So many options! The hairdo below is one that I'm wearing to an upcoming Semi-Formal Ball.

What you need:

Brush
Comb
Jawclip (I'm using one in a color that matches my dress)
Hairspray
Curling Iron (Optional)

Instructions: To begin, brush through your hair to get rid of any knots or tangles. Next, gently roll your hair with a large curling iron (Sorry, I don't know the size - it was my mom who was curling my hair :-) ). For me, a curling iron works best when it's just lightly curling my hair, and then it actually straightens it. After your hair has been curled, I like to brush through it to straighten it a bit more. For this, I use a small paddle brush, while for detangling, I use a brush that has bristles spread far apart from each other, which is best for detangling. Now, for the actual style! Separate a medium-sized piece of hair from the front of your head. I like to do it from the middle of each eyebrow, or smaller. It shouldn't be a very large piece - just wide enough for your liking. Once you have the width that you want, pull it back towards the crown of your head. You can gather up any other hairs that you'd like in it, as well. Once the section is to the size that you want, clip it at about the middle of your crown. Now, I like to go through and pull out some pieces near my face to soften the hairdo, as well as brush through the rest of my hair to nix any knots. You can add some hairspray for extra shine and hold, as well.

What's your favorite Semi-Formal or Formal hairstyle? Let me know below!

-Lizzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Wordpress :-)

Crochet for Charity

Crocheted Birthday Present Ideas